Located at the southern hemisphere, Australia, or “aussie” as some people refer to, has been the main destination of international students to go to. Its mild weather and the advantage of being close to Asia made Education as the second major export of Australia. The capital is Canberra and it consists of 6 states and few territories. Major cities in Australia are Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin, and Tasmania.
Australia has over than 23 million population which mainly resides in Eastern border and ranked no. 12th in world’s largest economy. It is also boast the world fifth largest per capita income in 2014.
To be granted a visa, you will need to show the following:
- Letter of Confirmation of Enrolment from the school, college or university
- Letter of Offer Receipt showing you have paid your tuition fees
- Valid passport with more than 6 months expiration
- Medical report showing your good health
- Proof of having paid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for Australia
You should be aware of the conditions of your visa:
- You must leave Australia when your visa has expired
- Your visa is not valid for permanent residency of Australia or New Zealand
- You must satisfy course requirements and continue your enrolment
- While studying you can work up to 40 hours forth-nightly and full-time during vacation time
- Health insurance must be paid for the full stay in Australia
Tax File Number
Your student visa will include the limitation work permit, but you have to obtain Tax File Number in order to find a job. Go Global Way team will assist you on how to obtain your Tax File Number in Australia once you have received your student visa.