This Northern country is famous for Niagara Falls and also Rocky Mountains. Canada is the eight highest per capita income globally and eleventh highest ranking in Human Development Index. Canada also adopts two main language, which are English and also France. It has 10 provinces and also three territorial areas. The capital is Ottawa, and other major cities are Toronto, Vancouver, Quebec, Montreal, Alberta. Canada is big! It is second largest country in the world after Russia.
In order to study to Canada, each student must have two different documents, a visa and also a study permit. Canada has two different terminologies which has different purposes. The Visa, which the document to allow the holder to enter or exit the country and usually attached to the passport.
It is usually issued by the Canadian Embassy around the world for the applicants. Secondly is the Permit, which is the document issued by the Border Security in Canada for applicant for various purposes. For student, it is simply called Study Permit. However, there are also many other Permits, such as Work Permit, Temporary Resident Permit, etc. This document is use for someone who eligible to stay in Canada for period of time. Usually it is more than 6 months.
To apply for study permit, the applicant must prove:
- Accepted by school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
- Have sufficient fund to pay your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any accompanying family member, and also return transportation for you and the family members.
- A law abiding citizen with no criminal record.
- Must be in good health and complete the medical examination if required.
- Must satisfy the immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
Important updates on Study Permit
Effective June 1, 2014, Study permit holder at designated institution is allowed to work up for up to 20 hours per week during school week and no restriction during breaks. For more information, please visit CIC website.